Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Evelyn!

Evelyn turned 4 today!


We gave her baby pinkie pie...which is "what she always wanted"...

Evelyn continues to be a source of great joy to us. She is full of life and spunk! She isn't afraid to try anything new, she knows no stranger and is just down right cute! She loves ponies, my little pet shop, strawberry shortcake, and anything big sister Madeline likes. Her favorite color is pink. She loves to play outside and has been a great "help" to me lately by digging in the gardens. She is a great cuddler, giver of hugs and sweet kisses. She has also become a bit pious lately, reminding us regularly that we must obey God by not hitting anyone, not stinging anyone and by smiling. She asked Neal to "write a prayer to God on the computer". This is what she dictated...
"I love you God. Thank you for our day, and thank you for our sister named Madeline, and Aidan, and Mom and Daddy. And I love Mommy and Daddy. And I love you all. And we have a message for both of us. And we do the same thing as our family and our cats and we love our cats and thank you for this day. And thank you for our Mom and Dad. And thank you for the beautiful sky and the birds and thank you for the sun and the moon, and thank you for the books we have, and thank you for our family. This is one for Aidan and this is one for both of Mommy and Daddy, and I love you Daddy. And I only love you, because I only love you. And I love you and this is the most family, and I love you."
As you can tell, she makes us laugh all of the time and is our family entertainer.


2 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Amen! :) Those sound very much like Moira's prayers lately! We wish Evelyn a very happy birthday, and tell her (and Aidan) that the birthday cards are in the mail. Much love to you all - keep raising those sweet munchkins so well!

gLORIous said...

GHappy Birthday to Evelyn! She's a doll and what a great prayer-er! Rachel's prayers are sweet and very thankful and, well, Benjamin's are more of a confessional list than an actual prayer, but I know God loves them and so do I. LOL