Thursday, May 22, 2008

Aren't Babies Wonderful?

This morning while folding laundry, Lillian was happy in her cradle. She started fussing, so I looked over to see mustard-poop oozing out of her gown. I take her to her changing station and begin the tedious process of removing the gown without getting any more poop smeared on the baby. (I have found that rolling the garment to trap in the poop works best.) Once the garment is off, I begin wiping her down and she decides it is a good time to spit-up the rest of what was left in her tummy. I take a break from wiping down one end to wipe down the other - so she doesn't get puke in her nose. Once that is cleaned up, I finish wiping up the yellow stuff. As I am reaching for a new diaper, a large grin appears on her face as she pees all over her legs and changing pad. Needless to say, the laundry is in the machine now and the baby has had a nice morning bath...Good times!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

oh I love it -- they are such helpers. helping us right into insanity, anyway ;-) and I can't believe you didn't think to take pics of all that.

the mccann clan said...

Ah - the joys of having a newborn! I agree with Kristen, where are all the "proof" pictures you can shove in her face later?! ;o) Can't wait to see you guys soon!