Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bunk Beds!

We FINALLY got the girls bunk beds! Since Evelyn climbed out of her crib at 16 months old, she has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor next to Madeline's daybed. We kept saying we needed to get them bunk beds, but we never acted on it or had the extra money. So, last year, I started saving a little every month from my tips to put in a "bunk bed" fund. After looking around and talking to Stephanie Green, who is also in the bunk bed market, we found this set on e-bay. Even after shipping it was under the amount I had saved (thanks Steph)! That was good because we did end up buying two sheets of plywood to place on top of the slats and under the mattresses. It arrived via FedEx today and we just put it together, the kids are thrilled! I think getting them to go to bed tonight won't take much convincing!

The girls model "their" bunk. We will switch who gets which bunk each month to avoid arguments.

Aidan is not going to be pleased when he has to go back to his own bunk-less bed tonight.
Neal and I are so excited to get these for them. They have tons more space in their room and Evelyn is not on the floor!

In baby news... I have been having more contractions accompanied with nausea, cramping, and sciatic nerve pain. They have been coming more often since last night after dinner, but nothing regular and no increase in pressure. Last night, I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, did more laundry and some vacuuming, but there was no change in the contractions. So, I went to sleep hoping they might increase throughout the night. I woke up several times last night feeling sick to my stomach, but still no change in contractions. Today they are continuing, but again no pattern is emerging and I just feel sick. I am doing my normal daily stuff and trying to keep my mind off of how my body feels right now so I don't get frustrated. I will update if anything exciting happens...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the bunks! We saw those...I'm so glad you got them and they're working out. Perfect timing to get that out of the way before baby comes.

Tami said...

I so hear you! I have felt like I have been sick with a tummy thing all day today. And of course I always have a ton of contractions the whole last month, but they are definitely changing. Hears hoping this will be over for us soon!

the mccann clan said...

How cute! I loved seeing the kids in their new bunk beds. They really look perfect in their rooms - I still can't believe you did those white scallops on their walls with a protractor!! :) We once saw a really cute bed that was up high like a bunk bed with a slide to come down and a tent underneath where the bottom "bunk" would be, but we realized there wouldn't be a whole lot of sleeping going on in a bed like that!

We're anxiously awaiting any news on the baby, so we're staying tuned! I hope you get to feeling better, or that baby makes his/her arrival soon. 6 days and counting now...