Friday, April 18, 2008

An Update...

I woke up this morning at 5:30 having stronger contractions than I have been having all week. They were coming every 10 minutes, so I decided to get up around 6:45 and walk around, get breakfast started and get the kids up and going. Unfortunately, they started fizzling out a bit. I have still been getting some of the stronger ones throughout the day, but there is no consistency or pattern forming yet.
However, I did have another OB appointment today. I did a non-stress test and a vitality test with an ultrasound. The baby passed both tests "allowing" me to remain pregnant. The only concern is that the amniotic fluid is a little lower than optimum at this point indicating that the placenta is slowing down. So, I have agreed to be scheduled for an induction on Monday, if the baby doesn't come this weekend. (That will be 11 days over-due and I have never gone past 10.)
On an exciting and very positive note...I have already progressed to a 3 and am 75% effaced!!! YEAH!!! This is a first for me, and tells me that I probably will not make it past the weekend. Of course, everyone at the doctor's office was commenting on the full moon Sunday which just might force things along too. So, we will definitely have a baby by Monday - hopefully sooner than that though!
My parents are driving in tonight from SA to be here and I am so glad that they are coming!
I will post more as things happen, so stay tuned, the end is in sight!

4 comments:

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Our prayers are with you!

Stephanie said...

Yay! Sounds like an exciting weekend in store---we'll keep praying!

Tami said...

Looks like we are playing chicken! Who can hold onto that baby the longest? ;-) I've been having more contractions today too, but they've petered out now. :-( Hopefully we'll both have something to post soon!

Candace/Chloe said...

We'll be praying that you go into labor TODAY! ;-) Or hopefully before Monday! Just checked Tami's blog and found out the great news! I'll be checking your blog HOURLY now waiting for your great news! ;-)

Hope you're hanging in there! Love ya!