Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lillian's First Day

Here is an annoyingly brief and not especially detailed birth announcement (from me -- Neal -- acting in persona Janice, who will be writing a more substantive post later on).

Today, at 10:56a.m. we welcomed into the world our third baby girl, Lillian Jeanette. The birth experience was very simple and mostly painless for me. It was somewhat more involved for Janice. But we're both doing fine, and that's the main thing.

Lillian, like her mother and sisters, is stunningly gorgeous. She weighs 8.2 pounds and measures at 20.25 inches. She has very little hair to speak of, but the hair that she does have and which can be spoken of is very nice hair indeed. It's light, not dark. Overall, she looks a lot like Evelyn.

That's all I've got for now. Pictures will come later. I'm off to the hospital.

Neal

PS: Thanks Mom and Dad for sending flowers. And thank you all for your earnest and faithful prayers. For those we remain happily in your debt.

10 comments:

Bruce Judisch said...

Yea! Pictures, man, pictures! :-)

Mom & Dad

the mccann clan said...

Way to go, Neal, for posting! Congratulations and so much love to you all. We can't wait to meet little Lillian, and hope to see some pictures soon. Take good care of your wife, as I'm sure you will. We love all SIX of you!

Granny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

dirksgirl said...

Oh Happy, Happy Birthday Lillian! We cant wait to meet you, the Russells

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Happy Birthday Lillian! Wow, two HOPE babies in one day I am SO excited!

Sander said...

YEAH!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the nitty gritty details, but in the mean time we are so happy for you. What a beautiful name. I had just been thinking the other day of names that would work with your scheme, I hadn't thought of Lillian!

-Robyn

Candace/Chloe said...

We're so excited and happy for you! Congratulations!

Can't WAIT for the photos!

Kristen said...

Glad that the wait is over and that your new daughter is safe and sound in arms. Wish I could meet her in person! We love you all and miss you!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We can't wait to hear more, and what a beautiful name! Missing you guys and rejoicing with you!

DW Hobbs said...

I just have to offer my own joy and praise for your newest little miracle! You might remember me as being friends with Janelle and having visited with y'all in TX and then in MT when you came up with Evelyn for Ian's baby shower back in 2005 (at least I think I have that memory right, I know Kim and Jeanie were there!). And so I simply cannot pass up a moment to congratulate y'all!

All my best,
Dara