Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lillian Update



Lillian is almost 5 months old now! I can't believe how quickly it has gone. As you can see, she still looks EXACTLY like Evelyn. The only difference is that she has blue eyes.

She is up to some fun things lately...


She has found her feet...

She can "tripod sit"- but when she realizes that she is sitting- she gets so excited that she falls over...
And she really enjoys her excersaucer...(FYI: Her hair isn't really that red)She is so happy and squeals with delight living up to her in utero name "Squeakles". She rolls around everywhere often getting stuck under tables and chairs and things. She cut her first tooth on Labor Day and her second tooth the next day. (That is the earliest we have had for teeth around here.) She has just started sleeping through the night. And she is our first thumb sucker; however, she only sucks her left thumb...does that indicate a lefty???


Neal was out of town a few weekends ago, so I took that opportunity to paint and set up Lillian's room. We use to have a midnight blue office, now Lillian has this...








It is a small room, so I had to take the pictures in small panoramic sections, but I think you can get the idea. The girls helped me paint the green and set up the toys. I am very happy with how it turned out. Everyone is enjoying the new room. Neal and I are glad to have our room back to ourselves and the big kids have been playing in there more than their own rooms!
Finally, we will leave you with a short video of Lillian playing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious!! She is adorable!

Kim said...

I love seeing your update on Lillian! Cambria and Lillian seemed to be tracking each other in every way but the teeth! Cambria has none yet. :) Also, her room is soooo sweet, Janice. You guys did an awesome job! I don't know when you found time! We have Cambria's room functional now and she's been in it for a couple of weeks. But we're still (slowly) decorating. Can't wait to see all of you guys again soon!

Neal Judisch and Family said...

"You guys did an awesome job!"

Er...not exactly. I helped put on the first coat of primer. Then I went to a theology conference in Dallas for the weekend. When I got back, everything was done. (And you saw the office before Janice transformed it, right?)

In summary: in one weekend, Janice took care of all four kids, kept up all the housework, and, somehow or other, completed the whole room.

"I don't know when you found the time!"

Right.


Neal

Candace/Chloe said...

Janice, she is SO sweet! Yeah, if you hadn't referenced the red hair I'd a thought she was a red head!

Her room is precious! I'm trying to figure out the wall decorations....are they hanging pictures or are they stencils? Also, did you paint the stipes on the bookshelf or did you buy it that way? So, so cute! Great job! Suddenly makes me want to start painting around here! ;-)

Janice and family said...

Thank you all...we think she is pretty cute too!

Kim, I can't wait to see Cambira and Lillian together again!

Candace, the walls are painted and I did use a stencil for the scroll design. It wasn't that hard, just time consuming. I had to paint 2 coats of primer on all walls and ceiling before I could even start since it use to be midnight blue. Then, I taped out the rectangles, 6 inches from the wall, 6 inches from each other, 10 inches from the ceiling, 30 inches high, and the width varied dependant on the wall. Next, I taped the border - 3 inches around each rectangle. Then I painted the interior of the rectangles "prom dress pink" and the rest of the room "palmino green". I did 2 coats of these too. Next, I picked up a scroll stencil from hobby lobby and used "parisian pink" for the swirling scroll designs inside the rectangles. (They have some really cute ones there, I was trying to decied between the one I ended up with and a harlequen diamond pattern.) Finally, I removed the tape and freshened up the border with "bright white". The bookshelf was an old thing my neighbors were going to give to goodwill. I sanded it down, primed it, painted it "bright white", painted the interior back "prom dress pink" and painted the stripes on the doors with the other room colors. I have done other decorative painting around the house, but this one is the most involved so far...I don't want to pick up another paint brush for awhile!

Candace/Chloe said...

I am SO impressed, Janice! Thanks for answering all of my questions! You did an AWESOME job! I LOVE the room! You've given me some great ideas for the little girls' room. Thanks!

the mccann clan said...

Wow!!! So impressive, again with the SuperMom Janice!! :)

Lillian is so cute, and I can't believe how big she's gotten! Thank you for the update, all the great pictures and even video! Loved it all.

Her room is just incredible too - I was going to ask all the same questions that Candace did, but I don't have to now... thanks for the detailed answers. I'm so impressed. Hopefully we'll get to see it in person sometime next year! Love ya!

the mccann clan said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I finished Lillian's name frame and I'm saving it for Christmas, but this makes me want to send it to you now!!!

And, I see a bit of Aidan in Lillian too! SO much fun - love those kiddos! :)